This is the opening of the film. I have planned the scenes out in preparation for the opening and I have edited the video clips using Sony Vegas Pro 10.0. The interface is easy to use and I can edit files easier than Adobe Premiere Pro. I will be evaluating my opening by updating this post at a further date.


Update:
My Evaluation
In the opening, I wanted to represent Stan as an antagonist at the beginning, giving the audience a false reading of him. I wanted to show the audience that he could be an anti hero, his personality violent and he could betray anyone. Jack is the main antagonist but you cannot see that in the opening and that was something I wanted to represent as well. He appeared in both scenes and performing anti social actions towards the other characters. Ellis did not appear in shot but was used as a POV in the opening, giving a dramatic first hand murder that the audience gets to view in the first person. The ideal production company for the film would be a production company similar to those who have produced films such as The Godfather, Dirty Harry, Get Carter and Snatch. These films are all types of british crime or gangster genres. 


In the first scene I used a red filter effect over the clip to represent blood, the red filter gives connotations of anger, blood and death. The filter is also used by inspiration of the text "Goodfellas" and is also where I got the idea to use a murder scene first. I adapted the filter and scene to make it similar, but also different in ways that give the opening a plot twist where Stan kills Jack.


The ideal target audience would probably be people whose preferred readings are similar to the genres we have picked i.e. Crime, Thriller, Drama. Due to the content of our product and the use of violence and death, the certificate would be no less than an 18. This would probably appeal to Young Adults up to middle aged people.


But to attract the audience and address them, we have used effects and plots from successful films and implemented them into our opening. For example, the death scene at the beginning then going back into the past and the red filter effect (Goodfellas). To attract a bigger audience I could have added captions such as "Directed by ...." and then said someone like James Cameron. This would attract media attention due to his box office hit films such as Avatar and Titanic.


From planning the film opening to recording to editing the film I have learned various techniques and rules to films and recording. Such as the 180 degree rule and how to mute the audio in video clips and splitting them to use the both at separate points in editing.